Contact Me Here
A Woman, A Doula, A Heart
- How did I personally get involved in the circumcision debate?
- My mother raised three intact children: myself and my two younger brothers, yet even I (back in 2005 or so) saw the circumcised penis as "normal"
- I assumed I would circumcise my future sons (not knowing my brothers were intact)
- I just assumed that you HAD to
- I started my training to become a Doula in 2009 (Sophia's Special Deliveries)
- My job is to uncover all the updated facts on every topic involving pregnancy, birth and the baby and present them to parents as pros and cons
- Since beginning my research on circumcision, I have discovered many adult men who:
- Are "fine" with being circumcised
- Wished it was their choice
- Had too much skin removed as babies and are routinely hospitalized with ripping skin in that area
- Feel distanced from their parents because they feel let down
- Are restoring
- Were intact but were circumcised as adults and like it better and some who wished they hadn't
- The point is not "will they be fine", the point is it's not our body and we have no clue how this specific person will feel....so let it be his informed adult decision
- I have also met women who:
- Feel they have painful or unfilled sex lives due to circumcision
- Who's baby died from hemorrhaging after their circumcision
- Who regret their choice to circumcise their sons
- Slavery and women's rights were once questioned, it's time to start questioning circumcision...